Sunday, April 01, 2007

Drowning in Buffonery

Saint StupidIt's probably going to be a late night, so in honor of April Fools day, I leave you with....

The First Church of the Last Laugh

I missed their Saint Stupid's Day Parade today, but I'm heading out to something nearly as dumb; a birthday party you have to pay to get in to. Not even a single free light beer or crappy hotdog. Technically, it's a suggested 10 dollar "donation" with "fabulous bar prices." E-gads.
The only reason I'm going is to see my Colonel play in the band, so I'm not paying since I "donated" the guitar player.
And I'm bringing my flask.

4 comments:

Eric Spitznagel said...

Sorry I missed it. Should I just find Ken and give him the $10 anyway, as an act of civic duty?

Anonymous said...

He served us dinner.

Donna Piranha said...

I was disappointed that you weren't there Sharpy, but if you'd still like to contribute to the cause, just give me the 10 bucks and I'll make sure he gets it. ;)
I admit, it was nice to see him behind the serving table. The drinks actually were pretty cheap too. And the band. You should have seen the band. You would have loved the bass player.

Anonymous said...

The band rocked except for the break they had to take just when I had to leave. Also, there was no sin city :-(
I'll just have to wait for Friday night! I need a cheap hotel room in Sonoma...can anyone help a sista' out?!