Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Excuse Friday

THE Donnalora!Why today is called "Good" Friday? I don't know. All I can find is that maybe it's been lengthened from "God" Friday, but I find that just too stupid to accept. I found some gibberish about how maybe the word "good" is used to show that Jesus dying was a good thing because it liberated so many people from sin.
I personally find all Friday's to be good. (and full of sin)

Here are some names other countries use instead of "Good."

In Israel, today is Big Friday.
In Germany, it's Sad Friday or Mourning Friday.
It's Great Friday in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Greece, and Bulgaria.
Latin America, Spain, France, Italy and Portugal say it's Holy Friday.
In Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland, today is Long Friday.

I'm calling this particular Friday before Easter "Good Excuse Friday." Let's have this be a day of finding, using, and believing all the excuses we can for our bad habits. Let's use this day as a way of finding better excuses for a future full of sin. Exuses to get out of doing things we don't want to do. A good excuse to take a day off work. A good excuse to party.

My main excuse for everything about to happen tonight is...

My Colonel is playing another show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sends a case of advil.. I know you're going to need it after last night and this weekend.

Donna Piranha said...

I actually only had one beer. It was an all ages show so there was no booze. Well, there was no booze for sale anyway.

Instead of partying afterwards, we went home to relieve grandma of tired and bratty 4 year old, who partied harder than anybody. You should have seen his Angus. Better than daddy-o's.