Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vacation Time

The danger of speaking no evil One of my teeth has been feeling weird for the last week, so I went to the dentist today to check it out. He asked me if I've been under a lot of stress lately, and I burst out laughing. I'm a lazy hedonist with 3 boys, a full time job, and a mortgage. I wouldn't say I'm under a lot of stress lately. Stress is what keeps me breathing. I eat stress for breakfast. I thrive on chaos. That's why I do asskickboxing whenever I have time.
So anyway, whatever. Here's what he told me.

Nothing is wrong with my teeth. I've just been clenching them so hard lately that they're starting to hurt. And a night guard that I won't use costs $200.

I'm surprised my tongue doesn't hurt too, as much I find myself biting it.
Arrrg.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my sweet bundle of sunshine. :-) Did I mention they're gonna shut the phone off?

Anonymous said...

OMG.. no on the phone... Surprised that you and I ae having same problem with our teeth and stress... Making you some strawberry jam this weekend.. how many pint jars you want?

Marcelo José Blanco said...

i am kidding here and in no way offering medical advice, but:

mouth guard: you could also buy a gimp-style ball-gag. :)

Donna Piranha said...

Thanks Bob. Maybe you could pay the phone bill for me since you have all my money.

Thanks mom. I'll take a few jars. Are you bringing them up?

And thank you Mars. I haven't heard from you in a while and this is what I get. I like it. I think it might work.

Anonymous said...

Uhhm..
That's Colonel

Anonymous said...

You can also head to the sporting goods store and get one of those mouth guards for 2 bucks. Same thing essentially. And sure, I would love some strawberry jam! :)

Anonymous said...


If this works.. here you go.. I'm sharing..

Anonymous said...

Are you sure isn't from too much purple headed yogurt slinger?

Marcelo José Blanco said...

sporty mouthguards: don't have the safety strap to keep it in place. :) ...and may not coordinate as well with the full-body leather.