Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dongle-ing Around

How do you like my dongle? Well, I'm happy to say that words flowed like diarrhea from my ass last night, and again this morning. I had no idea what my column would be about when I went to bed last night, but as a sign that I'm doing exactly what I should be doing, a story happened before breakfast. Since I was out lounging in the morning sun when it happened, I grabbed my notepad and started scribbling.
An hour later I ran into a few wireless issues while transferring the story from laptop to desktop, but thankfully my Colonel is a computer dork and helped me out by, "You can use my dongle if you need to." Of course you know when he said that I thought he was trying to get more of my fantastic action, so he was confused when I said thanks and dropped my pants. Just kidding. But I did laugh and ask for an explanation.

A dongle (which I'm sure everybody in the world but me already knows) is a little device like this picture here that's used to prevent software piracy. Certain programs now can be installed on your computer but not used without the dongle plugged into a port.

Technically, he doesn't possess a real dongle, but some people refer to those little flash drive keychain things as such. He does have something very similar sounding though, and I know exactly what that is.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 of them.. I need a bigger one .. like a gig or bigger.. makes it so much easier and faster to move files around on the 3 pcs. Mom's Day is comimg soon.. hint for the boys or the colonel to buy you one

Anonymous said...

A Big Ass dongle... I need one too...

madmax said...

I have a 2 gb one. Connect is called, I'm not sure. I bought it from compusa when it was a promotion. Very useful.

Anonymous said...

There's a new one coming out called a Shlongle. It holds a shit load of data.

Donna Piranha said...

Data? I hear it holds a shitload of something else.