Monday, April 02, 2007

Smarter Than a Zozzfozzel

What worms might dream aboutThe only thing good about Fallon, Nevada is my nieces and nephew. If it weren't for them, I'd be at home right now instead of picking desert sand out of my eyes in the middle of nowhere. But I'm having so much fun with them that I can't complain. There's something about being far from home, wandering the vastness of Super Walmart in the middle of a small, dusty town that causes me to lose my reasoning completely and want to join the trashy crowd. I totally let loose today and allowed the kids to run screaming down the aisles. I don't know if it's because the store was so big or the people were used to this kind of behavior, but not one single person gave me that evil look I usually give when I see this kind of terrorism.
We bought dyed flowers sprinkled with glitter for only 5 bucks, and I let them get candy from the row at check out line. It was embarrassing that they didn't scream for it first. Utterly horrifying how politely they picked which colors they wanted. Totally unacceptable that their eyes lit up right before they said thank you. What kind of behavior is that for Walmart? Super Walmart no less. Sheesh.
After we got home and the sugar-high wore off, my very first niece, whom through clenched teeth my sister refers to as "Donna Junior," read me a book by our mutually favorite author, Dr. Seuss. "The Cat's Quizzer- Are YOU smarter than the cat in the hat?" There were 100 or so silly questions which she read to me, and I got a few of the answers right. We had a great time, and I actually learned something.

It's possible that worms might actually dream.

I answered an emphatic NO to the question of "Do worms dream?" The answer on page 61 was, "I know two psychiatrists- Dr. Willis and Dr. Mazzanti. They tell me that maybe worms do dream." Who's going to argue with Dr. Seuss?

Then it was bedtime, and when I was tucking her in and checking for bedbugs, my little prince brought me my long lost tiara. And it fit like Cinderella's slipper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we do leave this "place", I am sure it will take me the rest of my life to get the lovely desert sand out of every orifice of my body.

Unknown said...

come... home... soon

please >.<

"I'm a little confused"

Anonymous said...

Fallon isn't that bad.. every city has it's negatives and positives... One positive... no fleas for the pets.. Second positive, no daily drive-by shootings, no gang wars, a safer place to raise children. Guess some people just need to have something to bitch about.

Donna Piranha said...

Yes, it is that bad mother dear.