Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Suicide

The new America I know I missed yesterday, but I wasn't expecting to be out so late. I was lending my ears to a friend in need, and it got late faster than we anticipated. No regrets though. I'm glad I was there.



So today again I lost track of time and spent more hours than intended reading about this pet food recall thing. I learned a lot about melamine and gluten, counterfeit medicines and the FDA. I don't have the time to write it all, but I will share a few highlights.



-The FDA cannot order a recall. The manufacturer or distributor of problem products does it voluntarily. That's it. That is the law. Voluntarily.



-There are 5 known companies that received the contaminated crap the Chinese used in pet food (and possibly more) but the FDA will not name 2 of them until they come out voluntarily. Again with voluntarily.



-The contaminated substances, mainly wheat gluten, and the toxic contaminate melamine, are both white granular substances. They look suspiciously similar.



-One possible reason for putting the melamine into the pet food was so the protein testing would come up higher, making the food seem more nutritious and valuable.



In summation, today I learned how easy it would be to wipe out an entire country.


And how to tie a noose.


It's so easy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my biggest fears, of course. They outnumber us 5 to 1. And we are feeding their technology frenzy.

肥胖猫 = "Fat Cat"

Anonymous said...

You really want to be scared, in addition to porting all our manual labor jobs and technology there, guess who is buying all the war bonds at an indeed great interest rate to finance the war in Iraq? You guessed it. We're givin them the country piece by piece. Once they get an ICBM look out...

Anonymous said...

you know my thoughts. I'm glad you blogged it. No one wants to see what's coming. They just want to blame everyone for it once it does.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.