Friday, April 27, 2007

Deadline Demon

My editor done by Tom RichmondWhen I woke up this morning, I was so happy it was Friday. The work week was nearly finished and I had nothing to do but socialize for the next few glorious days.

Then around 5:30 this evening, my editor calls. Not only do I have to submit another column by Monday morning, but I've got to re-write the last one I was so proud of. By 11am tomorrow morning no less. It's not that it was bad (so he says), but they want to use it as a cover story and it needs some "clean up and expansion." Since I'll be at one of my favorite annual gatherings tomorrow night and won't be home until at least 4am Sunday morning, that also means I better learn-and-blog good and early tomorrow as well. So what did I learn today?

I've got a shitload of words to crap out my ass in a pathetically small amount of time.

It'll be like Ron Jeremy fucking Yoko Ono. Too much in too little.
I need juice baby. Juice.

Thanks to Tom Richmond for this drawing that so perfectly portrays Mr. Editor Howell, who had the nerve to just call me (after hours of drinking) and ask me to come downtown to party. You know I need it baby, but I'm dedicated. Aren't you proud?


3 comments:

madmax said...

slap your boss and tell him you have a life

Donna Piranha said...

Aww. He's not my boss though. I'm free-lance and don't have to do anything if I don't want to. I actually love my dear editor. I'm in debt to him.

madmax said...

Oh, I guess that was a little bit too harsh. I'm sometimes in the same situation, I get so much biology homework... grrr I hate biology class because at math, english or anything else I don't get even half of the biology homework.