Friday, March 09, 2007

Xica

Well, cable TV has done me in. I even left the "Press Club" meeting early this evening. Not just because I'm having the Pavlovian response to the words, "Press club" by having "liver quivers", I have a new favorite show called Xica. To tell you the truth, I don't really feel like writing about it. I just want to go watch some more. Terrible, I know.
Here's a little clip, so hopefully you'll understand. It's a true story about a sexy, kick-ass, black slave girl in Brazil during the mid-19th century. Known for her sexual prowess, she obtained her own freedom by sexually manipulating powerful patriarchical figures. She ultimately became a Brazilian folk hero, and now she's mine. Part of what makes the show great is that it's in Spanish. I can't understand a word of it, but I understand everything.
Since I'm completely handicapped at using the cable remote control, I can't tell you how to get there. I hope you can figure it out by yourself.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I joined the Dark Side and dumped the dish about 3 weeks ago. I hate Comcast. I loved the Dish, but after 3 years they still couldn't offer high speed internet. The Death Star made me an offer I couldn't refuse.. but I HATE the new remote..I come home after a couple whiskEys and I end up walking up to the TV and box and manually turning them on and hope someone before me was watching something good cuz I'll never be able to change it. It's said that once you learn how to fix computers everything else electronic becomes a mystery. My VCR still blinks 12:00

madmax said...

Comcast on demand rocks but too bad I don't have time to watch anything, and the remote control sucks because it takes so long to do something after I press any button.

Marcelo José Blanco said...

is this near the end of the series? because if not, things can only go downhill from such a happy moment....

...yeah, those brazileiros and their crazy spanish...

Anonymous said...

That crazy Spanish is actually Portuguese.

Marcelo José Blanco said...

you sure its not japanese? i mean, this /is/ brazil....

Donna Piranha said...

I still can't turn the damn thing on with the remote. I can set the clock on the VCR though.

I seriously haven't watched TV in years, and it's amazing how much better commercials are now!
And why is everything "Top 10" this and "Top 10" that? Every single thing I've watched was a Top 10 something. I actually enjoyed the Top 10 Disasters of some kind or another.
And Family Guy. I absolutely fucking love that!

Donna Piranha said...

I think it must be near the end of the series Mars. I've only seen one episode (I can't figure out how to find when it's on or even what channel), and it was way before she got knocked up.

Marcelo José Blanco said...

amazon has it on vhs... but then you might have to buy a vcr...