Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Growing Up

There goes the fun.
When you have a baby, you sometimes try to imagine what they'll look like when they're 16. You care barely picture it because it's so far, far away. . .

Then suddenly, you're there.

Today is my sons birthday, and I'd like to say we had a really great party, but we didn't. We had a really great fight. So great in fact, that my other son decided to participate. Me against 2 bull-headed giants. Great fun.
So now I'm kinda blah and I don't feel much like writing tonight, but I'll blog what I learned today anyway.

I know what my baby looks like as a 16 year old.

I know that my 18 year old is learning what it's like to be an adult, and he doesn't like it very much.

I know that I could have been a better mom.

I'm sad. I'm tired. I'm glad tomorrow's Wednesday.

Happy Birthday P-imp! I love you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you too cousin! How can you be 16 already? You were just a wee one asking for a "dink of my 'hoda" not too long ago! :)

Unknown said...

We all, at every stage of our children's life, feel we could have done a better job of raising them. But we're really not doing all that bad a job.

You have tree amazingly polite, caring and thoughtful boys (well - when out in public, at least!)...

I'd say you are doing just fine

Donna Piranha said...

Aw, thanks Beck. You are a gem!