Thursday, March 15, 2007

Human Bodyflight

Aren't we pussies because we didn't actually jump out of a plane?Why hasn't anybody told me about indoor skydiving?!?!

I had to find out about it in the lamest way. Someone in Perris, California was reading this here blogg-o of mine-o, and I thought today I'd make some kind of silly comparisons to Paris, France for their reading pleasure. But, alas, with the only thing to brag about being "miles of frontage on interstate 215" and the right to claim "the home of DHL," the town sounds about as interesting as a sugar beet. Then, hidden on the attractions page between the Southern California Fair and the Lake Perris Regional Indian Museum, was something that made my heart fly.
Perris Valley Skydiving. Ok, so what right? We have skydiving around here. Big deal. But since it was the only thing interesting on the page, I read the details.

"The new attraction to the skypark is the Vertical wind tunnel where anyone can experience the sensation of freefall without the fear. Click on the wind tunnel on their web site where they have live feed of people actually flying."

So of course I went to see the live feed, but I couldn't find it. Whatever. But now I really, really, really want to try it! Except that for 40 bucks less, maybe I'll just do the real thing.
In the real Paris.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I went to the link, Music started playing immediately with no way to shut it off. I leave those sites as fast as I can. It's just bad form...too bad I'll never see it.. it looks cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey that's my shoe there! :-)

Donna Piranha said...

You could turn off your speakers. You could turn the volume down in one simple click. Want me to show you how?

Donna Piranha said...

Yes! It is your shoe Lala. But now that I know how to make "Favicons," and know that it actually works, I'll be changing it.
It'll be on WCD though.

Mommie Dearest said...

I'm adding this to my list of things to do before I die. It looks like so much fun

Donna Piranha said...

This is on my list of things to do before the end of the month. If only I were rich. I know, if you all send me a donation, I'll test it out and report my findings.