Sunday, March 04, 2007

Food Power

This plate could drive a car for approximately 1 mile.For a long time now I've been wanting to hook my computer up to a bicycle and power it like the radio on Gilligans Island. I used to ride my bike to work every once in a while, and wondered how much Ben and Jerry's it took to get me the 5 mile round-trip. When the Colonel showed me something interesting he saw this morning about calories and exercise, I started doing some math.
If my calculations are correct:

I could eat a whole quart and ride to work, back home, and to the office again the next day, just on Chunky Monkey.

If I drank a gallon of gas, I could ride for 6 months! Of course I can't drink gasoline, but I could, maybe, drink a gallon of vegetable oil, which contains the same amount of calories.
OR, I could just use the 2 and 1/4 gallons of gas equivalent that I have stored in my ass.
I also learned that:

You could drive a car for approximately 50 miles with the energy stored in 123 Big Mac's from McDonalds. If you know how to use a vacuum cleaner, you could run it for an hour and a half on just one.

Alright, now I'm getting crazy, and I need to go pick up my son who is approximately 30 Big Mac's away from here. When I get back, I'm going to figure out how much of this blog I could have written if I had the Professors bamboo bicycle trick, using the Chinese food I just ate.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read this twice and am still baffled as to what it means.. although I am craving a Big Mac....

Donna Piranha said...

I know, I don't get it either. I'm trying to say something about using all the calories we eat in a productive way.

Anonymous said...

Tortilla de patatas is better......!

Anonymous said...

gas has calories?

Donna Piranha said...

31,000 per gallon

Donna Piranha said...

I know Madmax, I'm retarded. I was in a hurry when I wrote this post and I had a hard time saying what I was trying to say.
Nevermind.

Donna Piranha said...

Did anybody notice my "i'm stuffin it" on the picture? I did that! Another stroke of genius.

Anonymous said...

Photoshop in the hands of some is just dangerous...