Saturday, March 17, 2007

Cryptic and Clover

Squint your eyes a bit. Can you read it?

Look closely at this picture and see if you can see what it says.
You might want to click on it first to make it larger.
Did anybody get any of these today?

Here's a tip:
Relax your eyes and sort of cross them.

If you DON'T eventually see the word, click here.
If you do see it, and you want to see more, go here.

What I learned today is the Irish word for shamrock. It's "seamrog." It means "little clover," but can refer to any number of plants having three leaves. And a clover is a clover, and a shamrock is a shamrock. They are not exactly the same thing.
The reason shamrocks are associated with St. Patrick's Day is that St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, once used one to explain the trinity to the people. One leaf represented the Father, one the Son, and the other the Holy Spirit.

Oh! Today is the anniversary of the first time Lora and I had whisky!
I don't know how many years ago that was....
So now I'm off, in search of more Irish WhiskEy.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't read it :-( Guess my eyes are just to old to see it or I needed some Irish Whiskey first.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you remember the first time you had whiskey!

Eric Spitznagel said...

I stared at that damn picture for almost three hours and all I got was a freakin' headache. What am I missing? Or am I just not stoned enough to see it?

Hmmm. Just out of curiosity, do you see anything else in that picture? Something like, oh I don't know, the hermit with the lantern from that Led Zeppelin album? It's there, just keep looking.

Or did I just BLOW YOUR MIND??

Anonymous said...

One time Donna and I found little men living in the walls of her bathroom. It's true.

Donna Piranha said...

There are more than just little men living on my bathroom wall. There's a guy from Planet of the Apes, Aunt Jemima, a vampire Jesus taking his clothes off, a guy with his goods hanging out of his boxer shorts, a tiger, and more. I'll look again tonight and report back if anyone's interested.

Donna Piranha said...

And the sign says PINCH. It's 3-D. Keep trying.

Anonymous said...

There's a baby bird living in my shower. no surprise there. Also a puppy.