Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Year (and day) of the Pig

I am NOT a pig!I was one whisky shot away from coming home early last night and blogging about disappearing bees, but an impromptu press club meeting around midnight pulled me down for more. My Colonel and I had gone down town to a local bar to hear a few songs of the Whiskey Thieves, with the intention of being home by 11 or so. As we were preparing to squeeze through the crowd and out the door, our good friend David came in, and then Lala with KevyBaby. I ordered what I thought would be my last drink for the night, danced for another hour, and then left at the still decent hour of midnight. A block away from the bar my phone rang, and since I can't say no to my editor (not that I wanted to), our night was instantly extended by two hours and another whisky. No complaints, I just needed to get my blog-lack excuse out there. So now you know. On to today.

Gung Hei Faat Choi!
Today is Chinese New Year which brings in the year of the Pig. For me, the last few years have been the year of the pig, so maybe this year I'll actually stop being so gluttonous. Maybe.
Speaking of pigs....

A pig is only a pig until it's a hog. In the swine world, it goes a little something like this; a young female swine is called a gilt. At 32 weeks old she can become a mommy pig and is then called a sow. Piglet birthing is called "farrowing" by the way. Male pigs still lucky enough to have kept their balls are called boars. An unlucky, castrated boar is called a barrow. Any swine under market weight is referred to as a pig, but once it reaches about 250 pounds, it becomes a hog.
I think.

If you'd like to learn more about your piggy self, try the Draw-a-Pig Personality Test. Here's my pig.


According to this picture, I am a realist. I am direct and I enjoy playing the devil's advocate. I neither fear nor avoid discussions. I am analytical, cautious and distrustful. I am secure, stubborn and stick to my ideals. I'm a good listener and my sex life needs improvement.

What? My sex life needs improvement? How?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine Swine

Anonymous said...

According to my piggy.. I am postivie and optimistic. I believe in tradition, am friendly and remember dates (like birthdays etc). I am emotional and naive, t care little for details and I am a risk-taker. I am secure, stubborn, and stick to my ideals. I am a great listener.. and The length of the tail indicates the quality of your sex life.
And again more is better! You drew large tail, WOW (me thinks Donna's and my piggy got confused and mixed up when it came to sex life.) Here's my piggy http://drawapig.desktopcreatures.com/gallery/large.asp?id=1377115&p=0&hof=1&q=personality+test

madmax said...

haha I love your pig, kinda chubby but I love it :)

Donna Piranha said...

Holy shit Colonel. That's not a pig, that's our president!

Donna Piranha said...

It's amazing how much your pig looks like the Colonels mom. I believe though that your pig was drawn at the bottom of the page, not the top, which makes you a pessimist.

Donna Piranha said...

Thanks Madmax. I want to see yours!

Anonymous said...

Maybe some day I'll get to meet LaLa and get invited to an impromptu press club meeting... i mean... I have an editor too....

madmax said...

mine looks horrible because I can't draw with the mouse...

Anonymous said...

I'm up for a press club meeting.