Friday, February 02, 2007

Gobbler's Knob

Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow today!

Hooray! That supposedly means we'll have an early Spring. The way I understand it is, if the little guy starts to come up out of his hole but sees his shadow, he gets scared and goes back down to hibernate for 6 more weeks. But, if there's no shadow to freak him out, Spring is on the way. Unfortunatley his accuracy rate is only 39%.

Jimmy the Groundhog, Holtsville Hal, Dunkirk Dave did see shadows today. I don't think I like Jimmy the Groundhog, Holtsville Hal, or Dunkirk Dave.

I'm going to make my own Groundhog Pop-Up and just look for a shadow myself.

Today is also Purification of the Virgin day, as well as the Presentation, which is supposed to be the day baby Jesus was presented to the temple and his ma got purified. What does that mean really? I don't know. I think it means she attended some kind of purification ritual where she was forgiven for actually having pre-marital sex and lying about it. Truth or blasphemy?

Today is also known as Candlemas Day, the midpoint between the Winter Solstice and the Vernal Equinox. Halfway there baby. Halfway there.

No comments: