Saturday, February 03, 2007

Body Painting and Flight Training

I'm running out for a blind date with a girl, yep, a girl, which I'm pretty sure is going to get crazy since not only are Mel and I on the wild side, but Lala will be joining us. 'Nuff said. It's a good thing I've already learned TWO things today.

Sitting out on the sunny backyard deck this morning, painting with my four year old, I discovered that painting your lover's body with watercolors is highly erotic. For both of you. Some nice long strokes, mixed with a few short quick ones, well, yeah. Plus the texture of the paint, and the cool of the water. You also get a whole new perspective on the skin you see every day. You notice details you're usually too busy to pay attention to. Take a look at my Colonel's blue thumb there. Two coats baby. Two.

After the clean up job, we grabbed some sandwiches and went to one of my favorite spots for a picnic lunch- the little private airpark where you can hang out with private pilots and watch the cute little planes take-off and land. I love airplanes and flying. Ah, the smell of AVGAS in the morning.
Every Saturday they have a BBQ out there, and today I met the guy who manages the pilot owned airport. I told him about how I aced ground school and the two actual flying-in-a-plane lessons I mastered several years ago. When I told him the sole reason I didn't continue was the ricockulous expense of getting a private pilots license, he told me about a brand new kind of flying license you can get.

It's called a Sport Pilot License. It's a little more restricted than the little ole private pilot, but it suits me just fine. You can't fly at night, it's solely VFR (visual flight rules), and you can't land at major airports. So what? It would be enough for me to just take a few joy rides now and then. Oh, and you can only fly with one passenger, so my dream of a 4 seater would have to be nixed. But, you could always go up from there and get your PP later right?



So guess what I'm going to start doing this Spring? Come fly with me. The friendly skies of Donna Piranha. Watch out.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fly me to my own island

Marcelo José Blanco said...

quote: "you could always... ...get your PP later..."

hey, that's how they sell you the idea of sex changes on installment plans...

(groan)

Donna Piranha said...

Let's go!

So Mars, what did they charge you in interest? Was it worth it? :)

madmax said...

It's so dangerous... and about painting ones body, that's instead clothes, isn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

i know.. how about you get the license and fly me to a place where i can paint a certain someone's body and have mine painted too... ????

Donna Piranha said...

Well Max, I hear that more people die in car accidents every day than in plane accidents. Even if that's not correct, I'd rather die flying.

You know, I'm not sure about the "instead of clothes". I only got as far as one hand...

Donna Piranha said...

Sure mom, no problem. You send the cash for the lessons (you only need 20 hours! That's about half of a regular private pilot) and I'll do it. Oh, and the cost of renting the plane for a few days, plus fuel...
Expensive thrill but I'm doing it anyway.

Anonymous said...

Not getin me up in that plane and Colonel.. Blue.. Not Black???

Eric Spitznagel said...

I have several questions.

First of all, you discovered that painting a lover's body with watercolors is highly erotic while spending an afternoon with your four year old?!! What the blim-blam are you talking about? I think Family and Children's Services may want to have a word with you.

And secondly, you can't be serious about flying. My brother has his pilot's license, and while I have agreed to fly with him on several occasions, it's never failed to make me soil myself. Every time we reach "cruising altitude," I start screaming, "MY LITTLE BROTHER IS FLYING AN AIR-O-PLANE! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!! AIIIIEEEE!!!" I can't imagine getting into a plane with you and not screaming something very similar. "Diva Donna is the only thing standing between my continued life and perishing in a burning wreck on the side of a mountain?! What the fuckity fuck balls was I thinking?!! Let me off let me off let me off let me off let me off let me off!"

Or words to that effect.

Anonymous said...

Eric, sometime you and I will have a long talk about Diva Donna, Lala and Child Protective Services.