Sunday, February 04, 2007

Red Wine Benefits

testing out the alt tag things, thanks to Daedalush OwlToday I learn from the daily news, Data and Errata website section of the best newspaper in my hometown, The Sonoma Valley Sun. Written by my very own editor, I bring you the following lesson de jour.

Since I couldn't do it better myself, I quote:

Researchers in the Sonoma Valley discovered that red wine is not only good for one’s heart, but when consumed in large quantities, it also causes mild to heavy intoxication. Described as a euphoric but sometimes disorienting sensation, experts believe intoxication or “drunkenness” occurs when a naturally occurring compound known as alcohol is ingested in excess. Though the active ingredient can be attained from a variety of sources, red wine appealed to volunteers in a recent clinical study because it produced feelings of “sophistication,” “general wittiness” and an “increased fondness of cheese.”

Thank god or whatever that someone in Sonoma is doing extensive research on this. Thanks Daedalush. I'll have the results of my whisky research in next week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elena Salgado Mendez against Red Wine

Anonymous said...

¿Está el misma Elena Salgado Mendez que es la ministra de la salud en España?

Eric Spitznagel said...

Daedalush? Oh, that is priceless. And I can only hope it won't take long to catch on. I, for one, will be using this new moniker as often as possible - especially if it annoys him, which seems very likely.

Donna Piranha said...

It is perfection.
You don't think he loves it?
I actually referred to him as Daedalush in my very first column. He didn't seem to mind since he could have just edited it out.
Daedalush forever!

Anonymous said...

To Lala: Elena Salgado, la Ministra de Sanidad( cara parecida a Fred Astaire).......

Anonymous said...

anónimo... usted me ha perdido...

Anonymous said...

In vino veritas