Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pond Patrol

Meet Corporal James Harris.

Wow! Who'dda thought there'd be a GI Joe Stop Motion Film Festival out in the world somewhere? It just so happens that I have actually made a stop motion short starring GI Joe, and I just got a message on YouTube from someone who wants to show it in his first annual, GI Joe Stop Motion Film Festival. How amazing is that? So not only did I learn today about this interesting cinamastic event, but I learned a little bit about this guy who's hosting the festival, and what else he does in his obviously plentiful and enviable free time.

Gio Toninelo is the creator of Pond Patrol, a weekly internet series of stories featuring a team of GI Joes characters. The pictures and stories are AMAZING! Check it out. The link above will take you to the prologue of the series, just to start you off.
Have fun!

I'm afraid my movie might be way too amateur for this festival though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pond Patrol.. stellar.. This weeks was kinda boring but the archives..riveting.. How do we do this with Sonoma characters? We have the technology..

Donna Piranha said...

Perhaps we could do a comic book version like this of the play I want to do; Sonoma, The Musical.

Anonymous said...

I think it would have to be based more on The Simpsons..

Donna Piranha said...

I could see that. Can I be Bart?