Sunday, October 08, 2006

Reverse Panhandling

I found this today when I was looking for more information on Rob Brezsny, who writes my favorite-to-read weekly horoscope. NO, I do not believe in astrology or horoscopes, but the things he writes are inspirational to me. I love this guy. Just look at him in this picture and you can see why.

And here is my horoscope for this week, so you can get an idea of what I mean:

The Burning Man festival is one of the planet's most spectacularly idealistic parties. Now in its second decade, the week-long event annually draws upwards of 40,000 celebrants to a barren patch of Nevada desert to participate in a "gift economy," where no money changes hands and art is as abundant as advertisements are back in the "real" world. The founder and director of this cultural triumph is Larry Harvey. His success didn't come quickly. "I was a failed janitor, failed gardener, failed bike messenger, failed taxi driver," he testifies. "By any normal standard, I was an abject failure. Now I see that this was actually a sustained course of study for everything I'm doing now." With this as your cue, Sagittarius, make a supreme effort to reinterpret all your so-called flops and missteps as crucial lessons that helped you develop your unique mission.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he can give some to me

Donna Piranha said...

Yeah, I'd take some.