Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Longest Female Beards

I spent the afternoon today at an Octoberfest carnival fundraiser for a school, and surprisingly, I had a good time even though there was no beer. I ate cold pizza, watched my 4 year old win a goldfish, and for a dollar a bag, filled two with used books. One of my treasured finds was More of The Straight Dope ~ The Most Challenging Questions Ever Asked and Their Hilarious But Enlightening Answers. Needless I'm sure to say, but this book got my attention because it reminded me of someone I know who blogs what she learns every day and who is suffering from a learning deficiency lately. So on the way home, I cracked it open and learned the following:

The longest beard grown by a woman was 14 inches long, on Janice Deveree of Bracken County Kentucky in 1884. According to Guiness though, it was Vivian Wheeler of who grew hers to 11 inches after her mother died, in 1993.

Ain't she perty?
From a randomly selected page of a randomly selected 482 page used book, this was what I learned today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like bearded ladies you should check out Carnivale!

Anonymous said...

Is that chest hair I see?

Donna Piranha said...

I kinda admire the fact that she stopped caring what everyone thinks and let it go. It's gutsy and I like gutsy.

Anonymous said...

I would pay good money to watch her sing Happy Birthday to the President ala Norma Jeane Baker.

Donna Piranha said...

I knew you were going to say that!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should let my face hair grow and see if I can give her a run for her money.....

Donna Piranha said...

I didn't know you had to shave. I hope it doesn't run in the family.

Donna Piranha said...

I just can't tell if that's chest hair or not. I'm going to guess that it is though.