Thursday, October 05, 2006

Pioneertown, California

I got an invitation from a friend for a get together at a place called Pappy & Harriets, in a town I've never heard of. Pappy's looked cool on their website, so I checked out where it is, in Poineertown, California.

This cool little town was built in 1946, about 35 miles into the desert from Palm Springs. It was built as a movie set, but the actors actually got to live in the buildings while shooting (and shooting). Many western flicks were made here, like The Gay Amigo, The Valient Hombre, and On Top of Old Smoky. Now it's a tourist thing, and I can't wait to play the tourist game. Anyone up for a little road trip with me?
Here's a site for more info if you're interested.
Pioneertown.

I've never heard of these movies, let alone watched them, but now I think I might begin my "old western movie" watching phase. I've actually made a couple of little "western" movies myself, right in my own backyard. This looks like a good place for my next film, Il Muerto 3, starring as usual, my amazing friend Lora. (who I miss terribly!)
You may beg to see 1 and 2 if you like, but I'm not promising anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waves hand.. leaps up and down.. can I go with you???