Thursday, January 11, 2007

Twelve Years Later...

Tough lesson to write about today, mainly because I don't really know who exactly reads this thing. But, this self-taught lesson is what I learned today, and like it or not, I'm blogging it baby!

If the second biggest (probably the biggest but I'm trying to be a little humble here) account your company has is because you built the relationship, and because it's your designs they keep re-ordering, asks you to design a small line exclusively for them, just shut up, do it and tell the owners later. Especially if designing isn't your main job.

I know this sounds like a brag fest, but seriously, after getting a bunch of unwanted, uninteresting, and dare I say bad "suggestions" from the boss and the main designer today, I asked myself why I even told them what I was working on. And then I was mad at myself because I should have known better after all these years. It was then that I said, "This is it Donna, you are finally going to learn this lesson. Today. Just shut up and let your fabulousness flow."

I'd like to thank Laurence Acland for this perfect image today. Check him out here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the year of doing what is best for us... screw bosses.. they aren't worth the hassles.. create that piece.. and i want to see a pic before you sell it... PLEASE

Donna Piranha said...

It's a lot of pieces but I'm totally frustrated now. I'm such a brat, but I want to do it my way or not at all.

Anonymous said...

You do it YOUR way or not at all? That doesn't sound like you at all.

Can I be the reason for the design again? HAHAHAHA

Donna Piranha said...

Shocking, I know.