Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Beauty and the Beast

I was driving home today, stuck in the same old boring traffic, with the same lame ass drivers who still don't understand the concept of merging, surrounded by the same ugly ass scenery, when something beautiful happened. There on the side of the highway, in a little tiny patch of perfect green grass where I once sat and watched traffic while having banana split eating contests, was a scene that made me wish I had my camera with me. Completely oblivious to everything, was a little girl trying desparately to make a wish on a dandelion. So focused and intense, so serious and unaware. So innocent and beautiful. I was glad that traffic had stopped and I could spend 30 seconds watching her. I had time to wonder what she was wishing for. What could she want so badly that she would not give up? Then suddenly, from way up ahead on the highway, this HAG with a near- dead- old- man- who- started- smoking- when- he- was- nine voice slurs out in the loudest big mouth voice I've heard, "GET OVER HERE! HURRY YER ASS UP!"

And then I knew.

I hate people sometimes. Why couldn't this ugly bitch just turn around and see what I saw? Fucking hag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny what you see when you look..

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, not all parents can understand taking the time to enjoy their children while young... Your comment about the camera is why I always carry a camera in my purse.

Donna Piranha said...

Yeah mom. Just kidding. Thanks for all your support. I really appreciate it. Really.
I need to get a camera (hint hint)that I can keep in my car. I'm afraid to leave my beloved Nikon anywhere but in my pants, which gets a little uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

Is that a camera in your pants or are you just happy to see me?