Monday, January 29, 2007

Keep Your Pants On

I've been reading through my newest issue of Bust magazine since I picked it up this weekend, and as usual, I've learned a few interesting things. This months News From A Broad, by Janice Erlbaum was where I learned from today.

In 2007, the US government is planning to spend about 50 million bucks on abstinence-only birth control programs. Their big idea is to convince kids ages 12 to 29, yes 2 freaking 9, to stop having sex and reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies.

Seriously? Come on. Really? Does our government actually think it can lower the amount of accidental pregancies by teaching people that no sex is better than safe sex? I don't even know where to begin. Perhaps tomorrow I'll go full blast on this, but I suddenly feel exhausted.

2 comments:

Marcelo José Blanco said...

they could invest money in raising women's expectations... this is a concept that is already working against me. :) I'm sure MTV would be willing to help.

dammit! learn to settle! all of you! :) har.

or don't. we don't want you catching pregnant before you're ready I guess.

Donna Piranha said...

You're a brilliant man there Mars. I like it.