Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Morning Shows

I didn't expect to be out until after 3am this morning, but I guess I actually learned something from that.

If you're planning to have a little afternoon meeting with some of the greatest personalities of the best newspaper and radio in town, there's no way you're going to be home before midnight and there's little chance you'll escape a hangover the next day. Also, as the now evening meeting progresses, the number of people attending will triple.

I'd say that I learned not to mix whisky, champagne, wine, more champagne, more whisky and then beer, but I'm pretty sure I already knew that. I must have forgotten.

Even though this learning event started out yesterday, I didn't actually think about it until today when my head stopped pounding, so I think it qualifies as what I learned today. Besides, I already learned some things yesterday, when I did the morning radio show for 3 hours, starting at 7 am.

  • Three hours will fly by when you're on the air
  • Getting up at 6 am is totally no big deal if you're heading down to the radio station
  • I'm a lot more awake at 7 am than I thought possible
  • The next time I do it, I'm going to be a little more prepared with more interesting things to talk about
  • I won't be afraid to go into more depth and drag a topic out a bit more
  • Being on the air isn't exactly like normal, personal conversation
  • I totally love doing it!

And they want me to come back as often as I want!

No comments: