Saturday, November 18, 2006

Paintball Jungle


Now I know what paintballing is all about!

I'm still sore. There are at least 3 big, perfectly round, red welts at random locations on my body. One has started to bruise already. Battle scars! I knew it was going to be fun, but I had no idea. It was thrilling! There were a bunch of strangers with guns, turned against each other in the middle of a huge Eucalyptus forest. The fear of being shot was nothing compared to the thrill of the hunt. I can't wait until I'm really good at it.

Even though almost as soon as one game ended another began, I still couldn't get enough. The only thing I didn't like was how limited my vision was by that smelly mask. The pungent boy odor on my unwashed and well used protective gear didn't bug me as much as having to stop for a de-fog. And lunch break was way too long.

I also learned that those gross looking welts don't hurt as bad as they look, and to believe my son when he says shots to the head are no big deal. I got a nice loud pink one early on. It's the shots to the fingers that kill.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get really good with the paint ball gun, would you and Andrew come shoot the squirrels in my walnut tree for me? Then I know which critters to look for and make into squirrell stew.

Donna Piranha said...

Surely you jest.

Anonymous said...

ok, how about you come use the paint guns on the squirrels in the walnut tree so i can see what one is living in the palm tree???

Donna Piranha said...

Share and share alike mother dear.

Donna Piranha said...

Did anybody notice who the redhead with the gun is?

Anonymous said...

Imp