Monday, November 27, 2006

The Key to Immortality...

... is living a life worth remembering.

So says the immortal martial artist, Bruce Lee, and I just learned that today is his birthday. I thought I'd share some of his quotes I just read and liked.

To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim for.

All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself.

As you think, so shall you become.

If you love life, don't waste time for time is what life is made up of.

I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance, so I'll stop here.

Feel free to add your own favorite. I'd love that.

Happy Birthday Lee Sie Lung!

I'd like to thank Jimmi Sweet for this amazing drawing! Check out his site, Pencil Prison.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have offended me, my family and the Shaolin Temple......

A quote from his wife was:
"He was the real deal"
I think what she meant was:
"He's no Jackie Chan"

In all aspects of his philosophy he believed in every situation you must be able to change and evolve.

I'll leave you with my favorite Bruce Lee quote:

"Be Like water my friend"

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he had some brilliant lines in The Green Hornet.. I just can't think of any.. did he talk at all in that show?

Donna Piranha said...

I don't think I've ever seen it. Way before my time I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

The Green Hornet?? Check your e mail.. got a pic for you.. they were super heroes before there were any..

Donna Piranha said...

Please don't let that be the only thing I learn today.

Anonymous said...

Gettin late.. It just might be....