Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Eair Heh

I was wandering aimlessly around the office today, whimpering with abdominal pain. After finding no sympathies or relief anywhere, I worked my way down to the part time high school girl, who unbelievably, understood me! She said she had watched an interesting show on Oprah the other day about this woman who claims to have discovered the five words that all babies around the world speak. My daily lesson bell went off and I asked her to tell me all about it.

This woman Priscilla (what the fuck kind of name is that?) says that all babies have the same reflexes and therefore make the same sounds, which she is calling words. Here they are:

Neh = "I'm hungry"
Owh = "I'm sleepy"
Heh = "I'm experiencing discomfort"
Eair = "I have lower gas"
Eh = "I need to burp"

She also says that if parents don't respond to these reflexes, the baby will eventually stop using them.

It's true. They start using things like, "Where's my fucking dinner?", "I cut first period because I was already late", and "Look at these paintball welts!".

Eair heh. Eair heh! Eair HEH!! Eh. Owh.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confession:
When I was a young child. 5-8ish I thought that babies talked another language and the doctor taught the parents how to speek its language. No bullshit. Hillarious.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, wonder what Eh-ren means. Hmmm, must mean "Sorry mom for being 12 farking pounds and 6 days overdue." But seriosuly, his birth was amazing and pretty much wonderful as far as I'm concerned. Do you still sing the Mr. Clean song when you see his picture?

Donna Piranha said...

I was humming that when I put up this picture! I hope you don't mind. Actually, if you read the baby words, I'm saying something in baby language.

Mommie Dearest said...

You're always full of gas. Why do you think as a baby you were given the nickname Burpie???

Donna Piranha said...

I wonder why there aren't any baby words that mean, "I'm happy" or "I love you" or "Hey, thanks for all the hard work taking care of my whiny ass."
I like your idea Max.