Sunday, November 26, 2006

Anti MADD Magazine

I finally checked out the 70% off sale at Tower Records today where I learned:

It's 70% off Hip Hop and Rap music ONLY. I also learned that Rap music is not only still being made, it's also still being sold.

Magazines were 90% off, which means that I got to have my first ever, hymen breaking, Modern Drunkard experience for just 45 cents. Why didn't somebody tell me about this magazine years ago? It's been around since 1909, for the love of whisky. You'd think somehow, some way I would have heard about it! It's almost like my (frightfully neglected) website, Wine Country Divas, but in magazine form, by guys, in Denver. They of course have a website, where I learned some useful Bar Sign Language.


Let's get this guy to buy us a drink


I love this magazine. I think I'll send a copy to the 3,000th person to read this blog, which should be in the next few days.
I have new inspiration. A new muse. A new way to make $$?
Just for fun, here are some of the submission guidelines:


The story should be imbued with drinking. If alcohol hasn't reared its lovely head by the second page, you're on the wrong track. Putting a drink in the hand of your protagonist does not a drinking story make. If you can replace the booze with coffee and the plot isn't affected, you're trying to pull a fast one. Avoid writing about writing and being a writer. And while it's commendable that you wrote the piece while hammered, that's no excuse for haphazard grammar and bizarre punctuation. Leave that to us, we're quite good at it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This part is Classic..

http://www.drunkard.com/md_concerned_cad.htm

Donna Piranha said...

I know! I completely love it!