Monday, November 06, 2006

Green Guilt

Well, I had to call in sick today. I rarely ever do it. Usually if I feel like shit I'll go in and tell myself I'm only working a few hours, then end up spending most of the day there. But there are days like today when I really needed a full-on sick day. I could use one tomorrow too, but I'll probaby just go in for a few hours....
Anyway, being sick isn't the best learning environment, so I didn't really learn anything today. There is something I wish I could learn though.

How do I spend a sick day at home without feeling guilty, even when I'm completely sick?

I always feel bad when someone else has to do some of my work. I'm sure that everyone manages just fine without me, but I hate that other people might be having a harder day at work without me there. Plus I really dread being a day behind when I get back, especially when I know I'll be feeling slow and crappy.
My body knows I was really actually factually sick and my brain knows I needed and deserved the day for rest, but my heart or something doesn't seem to get it.

9 comments:

Marcelo José Blanco said...

good job supporting your story on your blog in case people from work read it.

Donna Piranha said...

Yeah yeah yeah.
I know.
I'm incredibly brilliant...
but I really was sick. This time.
;)

Marcelo José Blanco said...

I want to be sick. I want to stay home and drink tasty soups (chicken noodle soup from Panera bread with a roll and half a tuna-salad sandwich on honey-wheat bread)...mmmmm... yeah. I'll have to try and catch something... (something that goes away on its own after a nap)... or something...

Donna Piranha said...

That sounds like a great plan, if you can be sure there won't be tuna pooking later.

Marcelo José Blanco said...

better tunapook than the dry heaves... nothing's worse than the dry heaves...

Anonymous said...

What?

Donna Piranha said...

Tunapook is my new favorite word.

I guess it's all relative McGurk. I hear Gonzo isn't after the great doctor, but would McGurk be after the great coach?

Anonymous said...

What do you mean don't listen to your momma???? Gasps at size.. wanna compare.. (j/t)

Donna Piranha said...

Y'all is funny. Can you remind me what the conversation was about brain size?