Saturday, November 25, 2006

Free State Project

Yesterday I stumbled onto a site called, "Making Stupidity History", which bears the beautiful subtitle, "Dedicated to the eradication of stupidity worldwide".
I loved it. Of course I did. Lately, I've been terrified about the rising number of stupid people crossing my path, and I fear it's because stupid is becoming the norm. Even the dictionary dot com definition of mentally retarded reads, "People who are mentally retarded". Uhhhhhmmmm..... ok, thanks. See what I mean? Maybe it's just me. I'm getting old and cranky.
So, anyway, back to what I learned today. After posting a comment yesterday on the Making Stupidity History site, I got an email today from the guy who writes it, which led me to Homeland Stupidity, which led me to something I've never heard of called, the Free State Project, which I do NOT think is stupid.

The Free State Project is a movement to get 20,000 libertarian activists to move to New Hampshire. Basically they want to try to cut government influence down to the protection of life, liberty and property and that's about it. Most FSP members support policies such as abolition of all income taxes, elimination of regulatory bureaucracies, repeal of most gun control laws, repeal of most drug prohibition laws, complete free trade, decentralization of government, and widescale privatization.

I love it, but it sounds like the beginning of a Mad Max movie or something. People on drugs with guns, wooo hooo! I'm heading to the Granite state baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming with you! Libertarian's all the way, baby!

Donna Piranha said...

3 smart peeps in a row? What's going on here?
Lady and gentle man, I bring you Michael Hampton, author of both Homeland Stupidity and Making Stupidity History.
My new hero.

Anonymous said...

Too bad we can't move the Liberty Forum to Vegas

Donna Piranha said...

Remember when we talked about starting our own country Lala?
When we do, we can have our forum in Vegas.

Donna Piranha said...

I think anything below 70 degrees calls for staying inside by the fire so I'd probably die in New Hampshire. But I'll be there in spirit! I will stay tuned...