Sunday, August 20, 2006

Top Keywords






Yesterday's blog brought a lot of traffic from searches for "emo", which totally surprised me. I guess it's a more popular word than I realized. I still prefer my original meaning, but I guess that's not really the point here. Anyway, it got me curious about the things people search for, so I did a little research and found the top key words searched for on 3 of the biggest search engines. It was interesting how you quickly get a picture of the who uses what engine. Here's my summation:

Today's top 3 keywords on Google - Segolene Royal, TSA, Leiberman

Today's top 3 keywords on Yahoo! - Polly Klaas, Haley Joel Osment, Zsa Zsa Gabor

Today's top 3 keywords on Lycos - Myspace, Poker, Pamela Anderson

It appears to me that the intellectual's use Google, the sensationalist minded go to Yahoo! and the cool people are using Lycos.

Hmm. What do you use?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im a mega nerd librarian (ask Atomic lol) but Google Numa Numa dance ... so funny!

CL

Love your blog site btw always entertaining.

Donna Piranha said...

Thank you so much, I'm glad you're enjoying it. You're right, that Numa thing is great. You should come for a vistit sometime with The Atomic Dog.