Saturday, August 19, 2006

It's Emo, not E.M.O.


I've been hearing my older boys saying stuff like "That's so emo" or "She's totally emo" and it sorta catches me off guard. What the hell are they talking about? Those phrases make no sense to me. How can something be EMO? Isn't EMO more of a verb, or maybe more acurately, a request, than an adjective? So today I finally decided to look it up. Here's what I found on this really great website. Check it out yourself.

Urban Dictionary definitions of the new EMO

Ok, now I get it. In my own words, it's sort of like the next step up from Drama Queen. The perfect description for a few people I know.
I must be getting old though. EMO was one of my favorite things to say or to, yes, command, in high school. Does anybody else remember what it used to mean? Maybe it was a term exclusive to just my weirdo friends and myself. I'd love to hear from anybody who remembers.

BTW, this image is from a book by Dianna Cage. I haven't read it yet because I don't really need to, but maybe you should check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Chit about that book.. I looked it up and I don't need it either..

Donna Piranha said...

Eat Me Out!