Monday, August 14, 2006

Things I Learned in Fresno


After way too long in the car, we arrived in.... just kidding. I am NOT, I repeat, NOT, blogging about my trip to Fresno. I am, however, going to share a few things I learned in the city where I was conceived, born and then moved away from as soon as I could say, "Get me outta here!".

  • "Nyob zoo" means "welcome" in, from what I can gather, a language spoken by Southeast Asians called Hmongs or Mongs. It does not mean "Net Your Own Booze at the zoo".
  • "Zorro" means "fox" in Spanish. For some reason that is very funny to me. The Masked Fennec slashes tiger at Chaffee Zoo...
  • Cher went to Fresno High.
  • I could buy a house there 4 times the size of the one I have now for the same price.
  • And lastly, my very favorite. According to my cousin, a man there feeds hundreds of pigeons daily as retailation for a ricockulous "Eminent Domain" case that has brought a Hummer dealership across the street from his home. And, due to some other dumb legality, there's nothing the desparate salesmen can do about all the pigeon shit. I love it.
Did you actually think this wouldn't be interesting?

2 comments:

pat said...

lol that Hummer thing is awesome! There's no justice like vigilante justice.

Narrator said...

Your cousin sounds wicked awesome.

Donna, I've been to Fresno. Bless YOU for getting out of there. Those generators on the hilltops are fucking scary.