Saturday, August 05, 2006

Anti-Knowledge


I ran across something today called "Anti-Knowledge". Really? Anti? Hmm. Interesting. Here's a little description:

Anti-Knowledge - (From creative science) /anti’-nä-lij/ The collective set of questions that form an antithetical structure to a subset or the sum of knowledge. The sum of questions has a yin and yang relationship with the sum of human knowledge. The dividing line between the sum of whatever.

Screw this. I'm not into anti- knowledge, I want to learn something real. So I decided to play the Ask-the-Dictionary-a-Question game where you ask an important question, open the book to any page that "feels right", close your eyes and put your finger anywhere on the page and get your answer. Except I have internet, and consequently have freed up a sizable space on my bookcase by donating my dictionary to the Goodwill. The closest book to me was The Tube Amp Book, (don't ask) which I thought would work just as well, so I asked it my important question of "What did I learn today?". Here's what I got.
"In closing I should say that my personal opinion is that I would not change a small Fender which uses 6V6s to the larger 6L6 tube.". I think that means either Anti-Knowledge rules supreme or that today I learned...

Nothing.

Sorry to disappoint you. It's early and I have a long night of relaxing ahead of me, consequenting in the collective set of answers that form an antithetical structure to a subset of the sum of knowledge...

I should also say that playing this game is not my usual means of learning for the day.



No comments: