Thursday, August 24, 2006

New Neighbors


I just learned that we have new neighbors across the street!

How exciting. And scary. Who are these people? I hope they bake us cookies. Oh wait, I guess I should be the one doing the baking. Darn. Anyone have any good recipes?
This new neighbor knowledge, (NNK), has prompted me to look up the demographics for this town. Here are some interesting things I also learned today:

  • In 2003, the number of murders and homocides here was 0. That's zero.
  • There are more women here than men, by about a thousand. Total population is only about 9 thousand.
  • 93% of the people here are white, but I totally do NOT believe it. (Our new neighbors are in the .4% ethnic group, which is super refreshing.)
  • The average lifetime diesel soot cancer risk is 1 in 4,900. I wondered what that number was. What it is where you live?
So that's it for today. It's going to be fun learning about the new peeps! More to come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are looking for recipes to share, check your email! I sent you one yeaterday without even readng your blahg. I think you should take them those. :)

Donna Piranha said...

The Bacon Bars with Tang? Hmmm, I'll think about it. It's not like we live in Fresno. Hahaha.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

HONOLULU -- The state health department said nine people on Maui have suffered food poisoning since last month after eating spam musubi.

The state said the nine got sick after eating the rice-spam-and-seaweed treats from several vendors.

So far, the poisoning has affected mostly young children between the ages of three and nine. Two were taken to the hospital emergency room.


The state is now investigating places that sell and make spam musubi on Maui.

Sanitation inspectors on the island are also conducting random checks of retailers to make sure they are storing musubi at proper temperatures.

They are further making sure that retailers don't sell the musubi too long after the food was prepared.

Anonymous said...

They actually refer to these things as "treats" Yumm-eeee!

madmax said...

Don't give them cookies, as your cousin said cookies can be poisoned lol. I love melon, you should try. :)

Donna Piranha said...

I love spam musubi. I love melon. I love cookies. I love.... I'm trying to write a poem but I'm not clever enough.