Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Torn

Killer of the envious moon.
I went to visit my grandma in the hospital again today, and on the way home I saw the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen. Not even in Hawaii were the sunsets this amazing. It's possible that this particular seen was so enchanting because I rarely see the sun set right on the horizon since I live in a little valley. I usually see the sun set on top of the mountain right outside my window, and it's usually not much to get excited about.

A few minutes after seeing this memorable sunset through my rear view mirror, a huge and glorious full moon met me around the corner. Usually the sight of a full, orange moon coming over the hill pleases me like nothing else, but somehow today it just didn't do much for me. It was wonderful, but after seeing that stunning scene with the sun, it just didn't quite have the magic it usually does for me.

I haven't figured out yet if I've learned anything from this experience, but I can't stop thinking about it. Somehow I feel a little sad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you go see her. :) Thank you (and I know I don't have to say that because she is your grandma and all, but you understand)

madmax said...

Nature is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I feel lucky (partly) because I drive home towards the west, typically at sundown and it is frequently breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

It was cool, My Bunny and I saw it too.

Lala
If you ever get the chance you should go the other way on that road when the moon rises. When you come over the Napa River Bridge at moon rise, it is the most awesome. With various bays and water ways you actually see it rising over the hills about 100 miles away through our smog and it looks huge incredibly orange. I've caught it that way twice coming home. The illusion with the hills makes it looks so huge, that for a moment you think it is coming closer.

Anonymous said...

very cool. I'll try it.