Thursday, May 17, 2007

Shit is Brown

All love is good.It's been a sucky day today. I had lunch with a new friend from the film festival, but I'm pretty sure she was just trying to get me to join in with some pyramid scheme, music download scam thing. I really like her though, and I didn't feel pressured or anything, but you know how those things go. The more people you sign up, the more money you supposedly make, and for "doing practically nothing" you could get rich. I don't know if that was her intention or not, but I felt a little used.
Then later today my friend bailed on me, (she's sick and I don't blame her for wanting to stay home) and now instead of being in San Francisco seeing one of my favorite bands, The Boxcar Saints, I'm sitting here poopy and kinda bored. And I don't have much to blog about.
I did come across something today I somehow wasn't aware of.

Massachusetts is the only state that allows same-sex marriage.

I can't believe that of all the states, not even the great state of California, Massachusetts would be the only one open-minded enough to accept gay marriage. I don't know why the other 49 have a problem with it. There are millions of things to be bitchy about, and two men or women wanting to legally declare their love seems like a waste of bad breath. I personally find marriage to be an outdated religious concept that's had it's reason once upon a time, but we're beyond that now and it's time we ALL move on to something newer and smarter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have called me.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the marriage concept is outdated. I am surprised at the lameness in which the same-sexers pursue their rites. "Gay Marriage" and "Same Sex Marriage" are poison darts. It's just too freaky for the religious right. We should try to change the government portion to a "Mutual Union" or some other sterile phrase. Everyone would get one of these licenses which would give both participants normal rites a married couples. And if they wanted to be married the can go to the preacher after they have the legal end taken care of. Then the preacher says "I now pronounce you man and wife". God is happy and "In God We Trust" is happy.

They should then lay down a non gender based comparative salary scale for alimony with a time limit based on children age variables and what not. Blah Blah.

8-