Saturday, May 12, 2007

Believe It or Not

Read all about it! We gave up on family vacations years ago because being with three boys in a car, not to mention anywhere else, just wasn't worth the stress. We can barely go across town sometimes without wishing for nuclear bombs to strike and end our misery.
But today we piled all three kids into the Momma-van and we went to visit my grandma. She's having surgery on Monday and I wanted her to have one last look at her great-grandsons, just in case, you know. And, to my complete surprise, there was almost no fighting for the entire 2-1/2 hour trip. Same thing on the way home. Amazing. It's possible that this miracle is due to the fact that I put one kid in the front, one in the middle next to me, and one in the way back, but it doesn't really matter how it happened. The important thing, I think, maybe, I guess, is that we're all still alive.
So anyways, what did I learned today? Well, since I've been sick the last few days, I didn't really spend much time with grandma. While she ooh-ed and aahh-ed over how huge "her" boys were getting, I checked out their local newspaper, sort of comparing it to the fabulous one I write for. It's been a while since I read news that wasn't exclusively wine country navel gazing, and it was surprising to see the world news I've been missing.

Judge Kenneth Robertson Jr. is my newest hero.

Finally, something that makes sense. I read that this guy made some Alabama Wal-mart shoplifters stand in front of the store wearing signs that read, "I'm a thief. I stole from Wal-mart."
Ahh-haahaaa! I wish I could spell laughing my ass off. That's the greatest thing I've heard since my proposal for all criminals to wear a giant bell around their necks like my neighbors poor cat.

Then I read a story about a stupid, irresponsible, semi-local cop.

An off-duty officer left his gun in the bathroom of a bar about 30 minutes from where I live, and he isn't even in trouble for it. A loaded gun in a fucking bar! Click here if you don't believe me.

My aunt (and biggest fan) was also at my grandma's house today, and she was telling us about the new dog she adopted from the SPCA (or whatever the letters are.)

If you're over 60 and get a pet that is older than 6, adoption fees are only $18.00 instead of the usual $100. This is what they call the 6-60 plan.
I had no idea.

Unbelievable? I know. Totally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! Happy Mother's Day...you deserve a fighting-free car ride! xoxo, Mel