Thursday, September 21, 2006

The St. Joseph Tradition

I used part of my lunch today talking on the phone to a realtor friend of mine. Since I'm in the process of buying and possibly selling a house, we of course spent some time talking real estate. He told me about something a lot of his clients are using, called The St. Joseph Home Selling Kit. I hadn't heard of it, so after what I'm sure I heard as a small chuckle, he told me all about it.

There's an old tradition of burying a statue of St. Joseph, upside down with his feet pointing to heaven, in the front yard of a home that is for sale. After the sale is made, the statue is dug up and then put in a special place at the new house.
St. Joseph is the saint of home, family and workers, so he's been attributed with some special real estate powers.

Supposedly this is a nice gift to give to someone who is trying to sell their home, but I wonder, will it only work if you believe in god?
They range from about 5 - 15 bucks. (hint hint)
Since I'm not a believer, I'd like to have one just for the corny factor. And for the story-telling opportunity when someone asks why I, Donna Piranha, have a religious statue by my bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want me to order you one on Amazon, sent a check?

Donna Piranha said...

Thanks mom, but don't worry about it.

Mommie Dearest said...

I was joking.. no way would i spend money on some religious piece of crap