Tuesday, September 19, 2006

2 Month Anniversary Fun


I didn't learn anything on this day that marks two months since I began, but here are some things that I hope will make this day special anyway.

Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.


On this day in:

1692- Some guy got "pressed" to death for refusing to plead in the Salem witch trials. His last reported words were, "More weight."

1900- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid committed their first robbery together.

1957- The first U.S. underground nuclear bomb was tested.

1985- The Mexico City earthquake killed 9,000 people.

1988- At the Seoul Olympics, Greg Louganis hit his head on the board during one of his dives.

1991- Otzi the Iceman was found by some German tourists near Austria.



Some of today's birthdays are:

Adam West- The original Batman.
Mama Cass Elliot- I love The Mama's and Papa's music.
Randolph Mantooth- For my sister- Remember how much you loved Emergency! ?
Cheri Oteri- She's fucking hilarious on Saturday Night Live. Oh, and Jimmy Fallon too!

And deathdays:

Conde Nast- An American publisher who's name gets stuck in my head all the time.
Will Cuppy, Red Foley, Hermes Pan, Slim Dusty and Skeeter Davis. I have no idea who these guys are, I just had to put them in because of their fun names.

Welp, that's it. I hope you learned something here today.

7 comments:

Mommie Dearest said...

Here's something you can learn... Adam West is almost blind as a bat without his glasses. His regular glasses are thick like a coke bottle.....

Donna Piranha said...

Coke bottle glasses are HOT!

Anonymous said...

Maybe my love of Emergency was an insite to my future.

Did you love one of the guys from Adam 12?

Anonymous said...

My Neighbor when I was a kid was cousins with that Randolph Guy. We thought that was cool. Plus, he was the cool one too.

Donna Piranha said...

I did have a crush on the cop guy! But luckily it wasn't an insite to my future.
I think maybe you should hook up with Colonel Angus' neighbor, if the kid wasn't lying.
I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

Hermes Pan was the choreographer who worked with Fred Astaire on most of his most famous dance routines.
I think that Hermes Pan is a great name for someone who is inspired by Terpsichore, the Muse of song and dance.

Donna Piranha said...

I like it! But I'm curious why some people hide behind anonymous.