Sunday, September 17, 2006

Reluctant Narcissist


I've had the crappiest fucking day, but I'll spare the details and just get to what I learned today.

I'm the kind of person who will cry if they don't have anything, let alone the right thing, to wear.

This was a total shocker to me. I'm the kind of person who just jumps out of bed, puts on my favorite jeans and a shirt, then runs out the door. Of course I pee, brush my teeth and hair and stuff, but I usually don't give more than a minutes thought to how I look. Especially for work. Super extra especially on the weekend.
There are of course a few exceptions, but today, we were just going down the street for our usual Sunday brunch when I freaked out. All 5 of my favorite jeans were in the dryer, still wet. I have tons of cute skirts, but no shirts to go with any of them. My other pants are ugly, too small or just wrong. I don't know why I even have most of the clothes I have. I hate them. Actually, I think it's the extra pounds I've acquired that I hate. I just don't look right. Nothing fits. So depressing.
Anyway, after trying on at least 10 things, I yelled out, "Forget it! I have nothing to wear and I'm staying home in my nightgown!".
Then I started crying. Me! About fucking clothes! I couldn't believe it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are you kidding? Most days you probably forget to brush your teeth, better yet you don't have time to brush your teeth! HAHAHAHA

And can you believe that you used to get up at 5:00 AM every morning to make sure your makeup, hair, and clothes were just perfect before you left for school?

Anonymous said...

Word of advise...

Wake up, put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo, I am counting the minutes until Donna comes back to comment.

Donna Piranha said...

Aww, how sweet. There's nothing like family support when you're having a crappy day.
BTW, I don't usually wear panties Mr. Lord and Master of god knows what, and now with your Fallon advice, I'll deal with it just fine.
Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

Geez, not even a laugh from Donna. Geez, you ARE in a bad mood huh? :)

Donna Piranha said...

You didn't think that was funny? I guess my sense of humor is as dusty as my sense of style.

Anonymous said...

There's a skeeter on my peter, whack it off... There's another on my brother, whack it off.... There's a dozen on my cousin and they really are a buzzin, whack it off. WHACK IT OFF!

You're Beautiful, smart, Iconic, very stylish, you know what you want, and nothing else will do. you're cool, you don't take societies bullshit about the role you should be playing, you don't wear underwear unless they're meant to be taken off, you emmit sunshine, you take care of business. And your're fun. By all means I could keep going........

Anonymous said...

You mean you didn't put on your thong.. grab some of Bob's pants and t-shirt? What's wrong with you.. Or better yet grabbed one of the boy's sweat pants...