Thursday, September 14, 2006

Finding My Religion. Or Not.


I took a quiz today that's supposed to tell me what religion I practice or should consider practicing. While I don't believe the result I got was totally accurate, it was interesting to see. I think if I paid more attention to the "What priority do you place on this selection?" that came after each quiz question, it might be more accurate. But I really don't care that much. I know what I believe and I practice or don't practice whatever I practice based on that, and that's enough practice for me.

Here's what I learned are my top three closest matches for my religious beliefs:

1) Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants
2) Unitarian Universalism
3) Liberal Quakers
I've never even heard of these before. I like the sound of Unitarian Universalism, and I like that Liberal shows up twice. Nicely enough, along with the quiz results there's a handy link of each religion for further reading. I have some thinking to do tonight.

Here's the link if you want to take the quiz yourself: Belief-O-Matic
Yep, it's actually called Belief-O-Matic. How much do you love that?

Unitarian Universalism. Unitarian. Universalism. Uni. One. I like it.

I'd love for you to comment your results.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do it as soon as I have some time.

Anonymous said...

Neo Pagan 100%
Unitarian Universalist 91%
New Age 88%
Liberal Quaker 84%
Mahayna Buddhism 82%
Theravada Buddhism 80%

That abour sums it all up. Now I am off to go hug a tree. (totally kidding!! Really!)

Anonymous said...

1. Reform Judaism (100%)
2. Orthodox Judaism (92%)
3. Islam (84%)
4. Sikhism (80%)
5. Unitarian Universalism (71%)
6. Liberal Quakers (69%)
7. Mahayana Buddhism (68%)
8. Bahá'í Faith (66%)
9. Neo-Pagan (65%)
10. Theravada Buddhism (63%)
11. Jainism (63%)
12. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (60%)
13. New Thought (59%)
14. Hinduism (56%)
15. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (55%)
16. Scientology (54%)
17. New Age (51%)
18. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (48%)
19. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (42%)
20. Nontheist (40%)
21. Orthodox Quaker (40%)
22. Jehovah's Witness (37%)
23. Seventh Day Adventist (36%)
24. Taoism (36%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (34%)
26. Roman Catholic (34%)
27. Secular Humanism (34%)

OMG.. i'm really messed up

Donna Piranha said...

Well Jenn, I'm completely not surprised by the Neo Pagan thing. But mom, I'm totally shocked about 2, yes, not one but 2 Judiasm? Nothing against Judiasm, but, oh, wait, it's the guilt thing. I get it.
Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought we would have something in common for what our religion should be? LOL

Unitarian Universalism (100%)
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (98%)
Liberal Quakers (95%)
Neo-Pagan (94%)
New Age (90%)

Donna Piranha said...

Wow Denise, I am shocked! I think Ryan got exactly the same thing you did. I love it.