Friday, June 15, 2007

Pole Position

I hope something like this happens while I'm there.I've been asked to write about the "NASCAR fan encampment" next weekend, over at Infineon Raceway. There's so much more to say about this, so I'll come back here to finish this posting and bag on race fans, but right now I've got to get to a few other things.


I have to spend next weekend at the Blue Lizard Sunscream 200 and the Toyota/Save Mart 350, whatever the fuck that means.

I just got an all-access media pass, and I don't even care one little shit about racing. I'm sure there are people out there who'd trade a truck of Coors Lite and their 2 remaining teeth just to get in, let alone have all-access, but I guess the spoils are wasted on the spoiled.

I wonder if my editor has any idea who he's sending?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more I think about it, you're the perfect person to send.. absolutely no preconceived notions.. me, I'd just be drooling all over the 43 car..

Anonymous said...

oh, there are preconceived notions, alright, jmb. "two remaining teeth". I think that about says it all.

Anonymous said...

I have a preconceived notion that it took you at least five minutes to stop giggling after putting the title "Pole Position" on your blog.



I am right?