Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Grand Grand-Opening

Whole foods, schmole foods.If you build it, they will park illegally and ram into you with their teeny little carts.

Today was the grand opening of Whole Paycheck Market here in town, and you would have thought from the stampeding crowd that they were giving away free organic, fair trade coffee beans by the ton. I couldn't believe how excited the entire town was over the opening of a simple grocery store. I love Whole Foods, don't get me wrong, but it's not like we used to have to walk miles and miles in the snow to find a Paraben-free bar of soap.


Ah, but they had Indian food. And warm naan. And spicy chocolate. And bread pudding covered with whiskey sauce.
And my favorite shampoo was already on sale.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did Mornings in Sonoma on KSVY live from the store. Good lord.. you'd have thought the pope was in town. There was easily over 500 people waiting out front when they opened. Like you said.. it's a freakin' grocery store.. Imagine if we had a nightclub and someone big came to town...

Marcelo José Blanco said...

Har, similar situation when a "Sonny's" barbeque franchise opened in Florida City (way south), it was packed full for weeks before I could get in... weird.

Anonymous said...

Where is this WFM you speak of? I wonder how Sonoma Market will fare because of this. Enjoy it though, you can get Kombucha there by the flavor rainbow!

Donna Piranha said...

I listened to the "bread breaking" ceremony on the radio before I drove by yesterday. I was going to come see you James, but the mayhem...
I can't wait to see what will happen when we finally get a nightclub here in town. And we will Mr. Berry, we will.

Anonymous said...

Ahem, did I not just ask you some questions hoytch? Am I second to some cooler peeps now?

Anonymous said...

I did a google search and found there are a couple WFM in Denver. Once I get a place and get settled I'll have to find the closest one .. so when YOU come visit me I can take you there... that includes you too Jenn..

Anonymous said...

Denver? I think you would love it there (nevermind I have never been there myself!) But anything is better than Here huh? :)

Anonymous said...

Donna and I are opening a night club. Right, Donna?