Thursday, June 07, 2007

Legendary Legacy

Me Ole Gramps.
Today is Daniel Boone Day.

So I think as his great- great- great- great- great- great- great granddaughter, I should get some special love. I wish I would have learned this a little earlier today since there's only 2 hours left to grovel at my feet. But I'll take it.

I know, I should probably spend a little time talking about the iconic stud, but I've heard all the stories a thousand times so it wouldn't really be like something I learned today.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is all what we've heard about him true? I mean it not like the whole thing where we were taught that the Indians were the bad guys..

Anonymous said...

My favorite story is the one where he is of fighting the locals for a year or two, and when he came back he had new baby. Turns out his brother was keeping the kitty warm for him while he was away. Daniel Says "As long as it's kept in the family it's OK". What a sport huh?

Donna Piranha said...

Well, you know I wasn't actually there, so I'm sure I don't know any more than you do James. But I do know he was friends with the Indians. Or Native Americans. Whatever.

Yeah Mr. Angus, there was a huge fight in our extended family as to whether Boone was our grandfather or our uncle. Huge fight.

Anonymous said...

Hey, isn't he the relative who expanded our relatives into the African territory?