Friday, December 01, 2006

It's a Spade


So a Puerto Rican, a black and a dutch... sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, doesn't it? But, it isn't. These were my dinner companions tonight. You can't imagine the conversation. From the European view of America and vice versa, to the former (hopefully) drug dealers Jewish lawyer, to the chauvinistic idea of where a womans place is, I learned a lot about prejudice today.

There are many, many kinds of prejudice, and they're not all bad. Some prejudices can keep you safe. Some can get you out of jail. And sometimes it can be a necessary adhesive material. Prejudice is also, most times, the omnipresent truth.

I'm going to think more about this in the next week.

4 comments:

Donna Piranha said...

No one brave enough to touch this one eh? The plague of.... the truth?

Anonymous said...

I could tell you about reverse discrimination. So best I just keep quiet. By the way,,,,, where's my email?

Anonymous said...

I just wasn't sure what to say. You know me...always willing to spout off.

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with Mommie... sometimes I'll get into this whole thing but just really wasn't in the mood.. maybe it IS the season...