Sunday, December 10, 2006

Black Irish

I just got back from a movie called Black Irish. It was playing as part of a sneak preview for our amazing local film festival where I volunteer. Since my usual job as a handler wasn't necessary tonight, I got to pass out some tasty hor d'oeuvres instead. Let's see if I can remember them after repeating ad nauseum; sweet potato puree and pork tenderloin with a pomogranate sauce. Butternut squash fritters with a cabernet red onion marmalade. Beet chips with seared ahi and beet sauce and something white. Hey, that's pretty good there Donna. So anyway, there are two things I learned tonight.

1- Catering sucks total ASS. I absolutely hated walking around with those platters full of yummy food and telling everyone over and over again what it was. I want to be the one saying how tasty they are while checking out the ass of the guy offering it to me. I can't wait until I'm needed as a handler again.

2- Although there is some controversy about what is meant by the term Black Irish, the most common reference is to people from Ireland with dark hair and eyes, instead of the stereo-typed red hair and green eyes. I thought it was pub slang for my favorite beer.

Ummm, Guinness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you work my catered event on New Years Eve?

Donna Piranha said...

If I can have a 6 hour lunch break I might.