Thursday, December 14, 2006

Donna-opoly

Somewhere out there in the world is a Monopoly game with a theme guaranteed to make you want to buy one. Brew-opoly and Wine-opoly, Cat-opoly and Bird-opoly, Bible-opoly and Farm-opoly, just to name a few. I've heard about these games before, but I didn't think they were for real. But they are in fact real games, and today I learned that:

The best selling Opoly game, according to Outdora.com is Dog-opoly.

I'm biting my sarcastic tongue right now, but I'm actually seriously thinking about that Cocktail-opoly.
Which one do you need?

And Happy Birthday Beaker. I hope you feel better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would I be able to get Tressy to play Dogopoly with me? Should I get a new puppy so it would be a more challenging game. Heck with it what about sexopoly and a trip for me to Oklahoma?

Unknown said...

I'll trade you your Mojito for my Apple Martini AND Donnalora AND $500...

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...Donnalora

Donna Piranha said...

Deal, but are you sure you can handle a Mojito?

Anonymous said...

This was a huge milestone in marketing.. for years we were all happy with 1 monopoly.. not big when it comes to sales.. then one day in the marketing meeting some guy (or girl) says.. "Hey.. what if we make a monopoly for XXXX"?? I now have 4 monopoly games, The original, SF Giants, Lord of the Rings and some other one. This also lead directly to the 6 issues of TV Guide, which you must collect all of.. again.. we were happy for years with one.. now I must have all 6 versions of the David Hasselhoff hologram TV Guide, after all.. it's a collector set... Think that marketing guy got a cryin dime... ? I'm thinking not..

Donna Piranha said...

Speaking of marketing and monopolies, I just read that one of the new game pieces in the newest regular Monopoly revision are McDonalds french fries. Also, the dog has been replaced by a Labradoodle (please, why this?), the shoe is now a New Balance, the roadster is now a Toyota Prius and they've added a Motorola RAZR cell phone and as well as a laptop. Creative marketing or clever bed hopping?
As for the TV Guide, just don't watch television and you won't need to buy any version. Except I know you couldn't skip on the Hasselhoff, especially in holographic form.
:)
P.S. I only have Cat-opoly and only because it was a gift.